Friday, May 10, 2013

School pictures

This was my last week of regular classes for the school year. I gave a test today, which I'll return on Monday, and that will be it! It went by quickly. I still remember how awkward that first day was.

I took some pictures for the end of the year. First, the pictures of Cinqieme A. The grade level is called Cinqieme (written 5e), which is like 7th grade, and the school divides it into 2 classes of 82 students. I couldn't fit them all into one frame, so there are 2 pictures of each class. 5e A is the class with most of the bandits.

Cinqieme A, part I

Cinqieme A, part II

Pretty good photobomb. This is Abdoulaye, who got the highest grade in his class. I did not see that smile coming.

Next, 5e B. 5e B got some of the highest grades of any class in the whole school this year.

Cinqieme B, part I

Cinqieme B, part II

5e B kids. Issaka, the kid in the blue and white Unicef shirt, is one of my all-around favorites. He knows it, too. Ibrahim, the little kid in the front, is one of the weirdest...I just don't know. Other kids complain about him farting a lot. I think he does it on purpose.
Girls are a lot more photo-shy than boys here, apparently.

A picture from the mayor's inaugural ceremony a few weeks ago. The 3 boys in the front are my students: Larba, Hassami, and Pascal. Larba is one of the brightest kids in either class. Notice the Lakers jersey.

I still say that I'll be glad when I'm done with teaching at the end of my service here. Part of it is that I feel like I just don't like people enough to make it my job. But I sure like some of those individuals, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment