Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bullet list

I have a bunch of good post ideas, but they're going to have to wait for now. My blog's prose form needs some work. Anyway, here are some more bullet points.
  • Today I swore in as a volunteer. Training is officially over. I move to my site on Saturday morning. I am excited, but also a little terrified of being on my own with no structure every day. Only white person in a 6-mile radius! But this means I have a lot more time to do whatever I want. It will be an experience for me.
  • My computer died last week on its 5th birthday. Luckily I was able to salvage the data with some help. I'm looking forward to getting a new laptop. (Already in the mail.)
  • I was elected to Peace Corps Burkina's Food Security Task Force, PCBF's FSTF. (We create community by using excessive and unnecessary acronyms, apparently.) What does that mean? We'll find out. I really wanted to do it though. I know there is a lot of teaching people about edible plants and better organic agriculture techniques, but there are other fun things too like teaching people how to make tofu. Anyway, I get the travel reimbursed to visit Ouaga once every few months for meetings.
  • I'm pretty sure I was going to say more, but I'm really tired and I'm blanking. Anyway, here's a picture from The Day When We Learned How To Plant Trees during training.

Mango-tree-planting bosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment