Thursday, November 7, 2013

IMDB review of a Burkinabe movie

By "Hot 888 Mama":
I did not learn anything about BF while going to school K-18. However, I once had a computer Mah Jongg game in which the backs of the tiles were the flags of various countries, which is how I first came across the name "Burkina Faso." At the time, I thought this was a cool name for a country, and I still think so. Unfortunately, I don't know what these two words mean, and this movie doesn't tell, either. Worse yet, it is in French, so one has to decipher subtitles to try to understand it. Further, all the characters are black people (making racist comments about white people now and then), and their names are not French (like "Pierre" or "Marie"). They are simply strings of letters impossible to pronounce, and not as short or predictable as even those long names you see in the credits of all the Thai movies out nowadays. For instance, the doctor who bandages Mocktar's leg injury is played by an actor named Ngonn Dingainlemgoto Alram Nguebnan! [...] Watch this if you want to see what life in the 1100s was like.

HILARIOUS. America!! (She's college educated, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment